The Phil Pustejovsky Freedom Mentor Essay Review Scholarship was created to encourage young people to become entrepreneurs by helping pay for education related to business and entrepreneurship. Applicants will be asked to post a video on YouTube explaining why they should be considered for the scholarship and then a committee will review the entries and choose a winner by the end of May. One winner will be chosen each year the second Monday of July and the winner will receive $1000 to put towards higher education.
The following people are eligible for the scholarship:
- High school seniors who have been accepted into a college, university, or trade school.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a college, university, or trade school.
We want to see how creative and convincing you can be with your video. Explain why you want to be a business owner and any business ideas you have. Videos can be technical, narrative, documentary, fiction or any other video style you can think of.
Videos Will Be Judged On:
Your entry will be judged on the level of creativity and persuasiveness, as well as how unique it is.
- Create your video and make sure it is no longer than 3 minutes
- Upload your video to YouTube titled Phil Pustejovsky Freedom Mentor Video Review Scholarship
- In the description of the video please include a link to this page
- Once your video has been uploaded, email the active YouTube link to email@example.com along with the following information:
- 1. Your name, mailing address, and phone number
- 2. The name of the school you are or will be attending, along with proof of acceptance/enrollment
- 3. Your area of study
By submitting your application, you are giving Phil Pustejovsky and Freedom Mentor permission to use and display your video for marketing and promotional purposes.
May 31, 2016
The winner will be selected on the second Monday of July. If the selected winner does not claim their prize within 2 weeks of being contacted, we will pick a new winner.