Who These Tips are For:
- House Sellers
- House Rentals
- Personal Home sales
It can make a tremendous impact, it can help you get full price for it, and they’re so simple, they’re so cheap. In fact, most of the items you’re going to get at your favorite home improvement store. You can do this on every single house/apartment unit that you ever deal with.
- The house needs to smell good. This means you need to eliminate any bad odors the house currently has. Here are a few of things to get rid of the bad odor
- Odor eliminator
- You put a little pouch in the house and it sucks the bad smell out:
- pet urine, bacteria, smoke or cigarettes, those kind of things.
- It pulls it out of the air. It typically takes around six hours. Next you lay it in the sun, because it is reusable! The greatest place to place odor eliminator is inside of the air return duct because that’s where all the air’s being sucked into for the house. This is the most effectual way to use the Gonzo odor eliminator.
Next you need to replace the odor with something that smells good. A good smelling home, can make a huge difference to a prospective buyer/renter.
The best product I have found is called Scentsy. It is a warmer/wax system that comes in many smells.
If you are unsure of what smell to choose, ask a scentsy representative and they will help you pick out the perfect type of smell needed for your property and location
Buy a timer for a few dollars at most home improvement stores. You can set it for when the house is being shown which will make your warmer last longer.
2. Clean The Walls
- Use the Magic Eraser to get off most simple scuffs
- Buy a nail-hole and crack filler to fill holes.
3. Ceiling stains
- No ceiling stains!
- First fix whatever made the stain. It could be something simple
- Once fixed, blend the stain mark in with UPSHOT by Kilz
- If you can still see it use primer or possibly spray paint.
When a potential buyer sees a stain they immediately assume it is a roof leak or something big. This is often not the case so by fixing anything simple and blending in the stains, you are increasing your odds of success.
4. Clean Carpet
- If carpet is in super bad shape you will need to replace it
- Otherwise a professional carpet cleaner can work miracles
- For Stain treatment use Folex
It will remain all sorts of stains
5. Carpet Shield
- Carpet shield is a self-adhesive film that you can use to form a walkway throughout the home
- This will encourage prospective clients to stay on the pathway which will create less traffic in other areas
- This will keep the home looking nice as you will not have proof of trample so buyers do not think many people have toured and then passed on the property.
- This also gives the clients the impression that the carpet is new or in like new condition.
Those are Your 5 Money Saving Tips for Prepping to Sell a House
1. Make it smell fantastic.
2. Remove scuff marks from walls
3. Get rid of ceiling stains
4. Clean Carpet
5. Cover the carpet with that plastic clear covering
All right. Well, I’m Phil Pustejovsky of FreedomMentor.com If you want to learn how to be a first-class, market-leading real estate investor and make a whole lot of money in this business, then check out my apprentice program at FreedomMentor.com/apprentice.